Monday, August 5, 2013

Buckley to Orting Half Marathon

Last weekend I ran in the beautiful B&O half marathon. It began in Buckley and though was mostly run on paved trails, 1.4 miles was run on dirt trails. Dirt trails=mud, prickly bushes, roots and across four gorgeous bridges. The group that I was running with missed the sharp left hand turn coming off the fourth bridge and kept running. Coming to a dead end caused us to think quickly, bush whack it and found the trail. Not sure how much extra I had run caused me to mentally think that the finish line was much closer than it really was
. Overall I ran nearly .4 miles extra. I had set a goal to try to run under 2 hours, which unfortunately did not happen. Still an Ok time. I placed 36 overall, which sounds great. But to be truthful only 110 runners ran this race. I have my sights set on two more half marathons in the next coming weeks and hope to run under 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment