Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Being Sick

I hate being sick. I used to love it as a child, miss a few days of school, lay on the coach and watch TV, eat chicken soup-the good life. But as an adult, not so much. I hate laying around, and I hate not exercising. I mean I really hate it. Last week and into this week I have been battling a cough. Kick me in the bladder coughing. I could not even do yoga last Tuesday, so I sat in the back and coughed/talked my way through it. On Thursday, I was a bit better, so I was able to do 3/4 of the class while coughing/teaching. On Saturday, during my 60 minute cycling class I was unable to cycle and teach so I walked around and yet instructions. Lame and boring. So on Sunday I forced myself to get on the treadmill and walk/run 3 miles all while nearly coughing up a lung. Then I got on my road bike on my trainer and rode 30 minutes. Did I feel better? Yep! Was my coughing better, ah no...But since I missed it so much I did it again on Tuesday and today. Is my coughing better? Not yet...but I sure love the sweat! Moments like this make me realize that I should never take my health for granted, and when I start to feel better I will start taking my vitamins again and pray that the sickness fairy stays away!

No comments:

Post a Comment