Monday, November 12, 2012

My importance of numbers

I am a numbers girl. I record my running mileage daily, weekly, monthly and yearly. I have been doing this for years. I can tell you how many miles I ran last year on this day (5 miles), in 2008 (5 miles) and in 2005 (7 miles). This helps keep me motivated and allows  me to set realistic and reasonable goals. Since I run mostly on a treadmill at 5 am (that will be a future blog) it is easy to keep track of my exact mileage. But before I purchased my handy dandy Garmin, I actually drove my car through my neighborhood and mapped out various routes. Now I link up to a satellite and off I go.
I currently use a Garmin GPS watch with heart rate monitoring. I don't really use the heart rate monitor (outside of my cycling class, but I have another heart rate watch/monitor for that). But I love the GPS feature.


Here is my Garmin Forerunner 110. It has come down in price and is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment